Role title: Senior Technical Specialist
Contract type: permanent, full time
Salary: competitive, commensurate with experience
Working hours: standard week with flexi hours for early starts and late finishes
Location: remote working with regular attendance in Midlands region
Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
frog environmental is an innovator in the field of silt control and environmental protection. We are seeking a bright and positive person to join our small and friendly team that provides environmental support to some of the largest construction companies in the UK.
The role will involve a combination of site meetings, location independent working and attendance at frog environmental offices and operational depots.
The successful candidate will have superlative communication skills and will positively represent frog environmental during every customer interaction, developing strong working relationships and supporting our wider business development objectives.
As with any small company, everyone is expected to pitch in from time to time, so the role may also involve helping out with non-technical matters such as fielding administrative and logistical queries and providing support to non-technical colleagues.
The successful candidate will work closely with customers in the construction industry to assess and mitigate silt pollution risk. Main responsibilities will include:
- Working with customers to prevent silt pollution from construction sites
- Supporting permit applications
- Development and delivery of Surface Water Management Plans
- Representing frog environmental at site meetings
- Undertaking site visits for the purpose of assessing and monitoring pollution risk
- Providing feedback to construction site staff both in person and via reports
- Working with customers to develop site-specific control measures
- Collecting water and soil/ silt samples from site for laboratory analysis
- Preparing surface water discharge permit applications
- Providing remote technical support and advice on the subject of silt control
- Preparing and amending quotations and administering orders
- Encouraging Innovation and supporting new product development
- Providing feedback to support continued improvement of services
The successful candidate will be well organised, deadline-focused, self-motivated and ready to learn, with preferably >5 years of vocational experience working in a related field. frog environmental are experts working in several niche market areas. Our services are highly valued by a wide range of customers. The role offers an opportunity to join a small specialist team who are leading practitioners in their field.
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible location / base
- Car allowance
- Informal and friendly working environmental within a small specialist team
- Significant potential for professional growth
- Professional institute fees paid
Key skills and attributes:
- Friendly and personable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English)
- Superb organisation and prioritisation skills
- Willingness to learn and improve technical knowledge in new areas
- Full driving licence
- Applied knowledge of water quality and waste regulation
- Applied knowledge of permit applications
- Chartered or full member of an environmental institute
- Characterisation of sediments and soils
- Construction site experience
- Health and safety knowledge, risk assessment and behavioural safety
- CSCS card holder for construction site work
- Contract management (desirable, not essential)
All candidates applying for positions with frog environmental must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
CV and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org