Silt Mats are a 100% biodegradable water quality solution used to capture and trap fine silt and sediment to prevent dirty water polluting rivers and other watercourses.
A versatile, heavy-weight silt control product used on land, in ditches or in streams & rivers, Silt Mat™ is our variation of a sediment mat. Made from sustainably sourced natural fibres, they are commonly used:
- On construction and infrastructure sites to prevent silt pollution
- For river restoration and maintenance operations in waterways
- For agricultural and forestry operations
- For runoff attenuation features
- In artificial dispersion and infiltration fields such as treatment ditches & Silt Capture Channels.
Our Silt Mats are:
- Quick and easy to install
- Used to meet regulatory compliance and best practice
- Independently verified and proven in the field to reduce downstream levels of suspended solids. They capture and hold up to 40kg of silt sediment per mat
- Designed to be used standalone or in combination with our other silt control products for enhanced protection
- 100% biodegradable for easy disposal or plant or seed onsite for environmental enhancement
- We provide rapid response times and delivery.
|Size per mat (scale up to suit any size of project)
|2 x 1 x 0.12 metres
|Dry weight per mat
|100% biodegradable material
|Coir (80%), Jute (20%)
|Performance capacity per mat
|Captures and holds up to 40kg of silt and sediment
The mats can be orientated to suit the channel type, channel dimensions and flow rate to give the most effective coverage. Typically the mats are staked directly into the channel bed but they can also be weighted with local material.
A key design aspect is that once the mats have captured sediment they will contain it very effectively within their natural fibre matrix, preventing resuspension during higher flows.
Visit our Download tab at the bottom of this page to view our detailed product specification guide for more information or contact us for support.
- Drainage from construction sites
- River restoration and maintenance operations
- Used in artificial dispersion fields
- Forestry and agricultural operations
- Runoff attenuation features
- Can be used as a planned or reactive sediment control measure