Silt Wattles are a silt control solution for construction sites or in river works which help manage sediment and muddy water
Silt Wattles are used as check dams in rivers, ditches, swales and gullies to reduce the speed of water and aid natural sediment deposition.
They can also be used to control soil erosion, to protect surface waters or break sheet flow on slopes and for runoff diversion. Their low permeability supports natural ground infiltration and helps contain dirty water.
Our Silt Wattles are:
- Quick and easy to install
- Highly durable. We use a natural woodchip filling which retains the shape and structure of Silt Wattle.
- Able to mould to and retain the shape of any ditch or riverbed for effective performance.
- Deployed by being joined end on end or pyramided depending on the project’s need.
- Easy to fix in place using stakes or weights, or in low energy environments they may not need staking.
- Designed to be used standalone or in combination with our other silt control products to enhance sediment capture and reduce downstream turbidity.
- We provide rapid response times and delivery.
|Available in three diameters
|20cm, 30cm or 45cm diameter rolls
|Size (scale to suit any size of project)
|Sold by linear meterage
|Recycled wood-waste filter media encased in durable netting
|A fully biodegradable option is available for sensitive sites
Visit our Download tab at the bottom of this page to view our detailed product specification guide for more information or contact us for support.