By the very nature of our work, we take great pride in contributing to environmental improvements but it is important to us to also create a lasting impact in our communities too. That’s why we set up the Frog Environmental Community Fund.
Launched in summer 2021, the fund is used to support community-focused projects that deliver positive social or environmental outcomes.
The fund is open to applications from staff members and associate companies.
It can also be supported by our customers – through returning their waste to us!
Some potential uses for the Community Fund:
- Contributing to building / maintaining / improving a local community centre
- Buying equipment for schools or community centers to enable environment monitoring e.g. riverfly monitoring or water quality monitoring
- Contributing to sports equipment and / or facilities for youngsters
- Contributing to citizen science and / or volunteer equipment and facilities, e.g. litter pickers and consumable PPE
- Contributing to educational programmes and talks in local communities by providing funding for travel, accommodation and general subsistence
- Offering frog products or services in support of a community focused project
To apply, please get in touch and cover off the following:
- An overview of the project and the planned outcomes
- An overview of applicants involvement in the project
- An estimate of the level of funding required to support the project
- Whether the funding is a ‘one off’ or an annual contribution
- Whether the frog community fund can be used as a match funding opportunity
How can our customers support the Fund?
For every pallet that is returned to our depot for re-use, we contribute an extra £10 to our Community Fund to be put toward a charitable aim.
Follow our news and updates through our LinkedIn page or receive our quarterly newsletter straight to your inbox.